The Afro Mission
A community of Creatives with a vision to tell our own stories. Thereby creating new histories, cultures, sciences and economies that speak to us. We are all about creating artistic events and SME opportunities in the creative sector, and driving job creation and employment. Our work involves us partnering with people, companies, artists and innovators that share our beliefs.
Afropolitan Explosiv is a leading provider of artistic events and cutting-edge media based in South Africa. We deliver solutions that work for our communities, using creative approaches: in events, entertainment and panel discussions.
We are all about Impact!
Results we bring to the creative sector
- Improved international connections and wider recognition.
- Improved career opportunities for designers, artists, animators, film-makers, companies and brands.
- Opportunities to access local and regional markets.
- Information and education
- Increased brand value
Results we bring to tourism and economy
- Growing interest in culture and diversity of South Africa, and Africa as a whole.
- Improved international ties and wider recognition
- Increased income to companies, selling services to our events and the audiences who follow them.
- More jobs, fulfilling careers
- Increased creative exports.
- Improved brand value and positioning.
Results we bring to citizens
- promoting active citizenship
- new thinking, innovative global ideas
- All-rounded human development
What we like and believe in
We believe that the richness of the 21stcentury creative economy will depend on how we engage with:
African archives as resources for creative development and,
Innovation towards the development of Intellectual Properties (IP) in the Creative Sector for African-global content generation.
Both these aspects speak to the following needs of creative practitioners in far-flung communities:
- to access information,
- to receive exposure in terms of the various creative disciplines,
- and employment/entrepreneurial opportunities that exist and make sense given the current economy.
- Opportunities to excel in creative development
The unique feature of our interventions is the format we take of mixing culture + information, which we then take to the communities themselves. As a result the spaces we organize have ranged from Urban Shisanyamas, to Old Age Homes, university campuses, covering diverse communities, with penetrative geographical coverage in terms of South Africa as a whole.
Our approach places a lot of emphasis on capturing responses communities make as they are watching film content or listening to speaker presentations and attending workshops. The way they reflect on their experience we capture through audiovisual footage, this is in order to generate further content based on the feedback.